1.2 For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Cambridge Epigenetix Limited of 34 Ennismore Gardens Mews, London SW7 1HZ, United Kingdom.
We only collect personally identifiable information on a voluntary basis. We do not require that you provide this information to gain access to our Sites, and We do not require you to disclose more information than is reasonably needed to participate in an activity on our Sites. However, if you do not provide the information that is noted as being required or mandatory in connection with a particular activity, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity. We collect personally identifiable information primarily to e-mail updates and news, to respond to your questions or suggestions, and to complete online transactions.
3. Information we may collect from you
3.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
· information that you provide Us by filling in forms online via our Sites or that you may provide us via telephone or facsimile. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to any service We offer, placing orders for Our products, transacting with Us, when requesting further information from Us regarding the products or any order you wish to make or have made;
· information We may also ask you for when you report a problem with our Sites.
· if you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
· We may ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
· details of transactions you carry out via our Sites or otherwise online and of the fulfilment of your orders;
· details of your visits to our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data (whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access; and
· any information generated in the provision/supply of products and/or services to you;
· We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
4. Online Purchasing
4.1 When you order from Us on our Websites we collect personally identifiable information from you. We will collect and maintain your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, product selections, credit card or other payment information, order number, referring URL, IP address, page you bought from and user name and a password. We collect this and other information, in order to fill your order and to communicate with you about your order. Before confirming and submitting your order, you will have the opportunity to review the product order form and make changes and additions to the information it contains and these changes will be automatically kept for future use. If you do not provide the information that is noted as being required or mandatory, you will not be able to place orders online.
4.2 We do not store credit card details
5. IP addresses
5.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about Our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
7. Where we store your personal data
7.1 The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
8.2 Any payment transactions will be encrypted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input, as an additional security measure.
8.4 Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Sites and any transmission is at your own risk.
9. Uses made of the information
9.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features (if any) of our Sites, when you choose to do so;
· to notify you about changes to the content of the Sites, terms and conditions and/or policies;
· to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
· to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
· administration purposes;
· statistical analysis;
· customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
· fraud prevention and detection;
9.2 We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and We or they may contact you about these by email, post or telephone. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the relevant registration or order form on which We collect your data.
10. Disclosure of your information
10.1 We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
10.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties (including agents, contractors, distributors, suppliers and payment processors) who assist CEGX in maintaining and managing the online activities:
· in order to supply any products or services that you ask us to supply either through our Sites or otherwise (for example, we may subcontract the provision of certain services which may necessitate the disclosure of your personal information);
· In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
· If CEGX or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
· If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CEGX, any member of Our group our customers, or others.
Disclosure may include exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
11. We do not sell any information we gather from you to anyone outside of the CEGX group of companies.
12. Your rights
12.1 You have the right to ask Us not to process and use your personal data for marketing purposes or to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. However, by using the Sites or placing an online order for products, you agree to opt-in to any mailing lists used by the CEGX group of companies or its authorised agents and distributors for contact and marketing purposes. You may unsubscribe to such correspondence at any time because when you receive a communication you are given the opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any future communications or to change your information. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing and use by checking certain opt–out boxes on the forms We use to collect your data or at any time by contacting us at Contact Us.
12.2 You can always ask to review any personal information that We may have collected from you at our Sites, have Us update, correct or delete this information (if We still have the information in our databases), and/or instruct Us not to use this information in the future. If you wish to exercise this right, simply Contact Us.
12.3 Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
13. Information about somebody else
13.1 If you give Us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
· give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data:
· receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices; and
· give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data outside the EEA.
14. Access to information
14.1 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.