Working as part of a dynamic Assay Services team, you will bring technical skills and innovative thinking to our epigenetic biomarker discovery services. You will have a strong understanding of the fundamentals of molecular biology, next-generation sequencing and diagnostic assay development and work as part of a focused team on deploying qualitative/quantitative assays on biological samples. Essential to this role is a strong work ethic and attention to detail skills; the role also requires the ability to learn and change direction quickly within a rapidly evolving environment as well as the passion and commitment to drive fee-for-service and collaborative projects to successful completion.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Inventory, accessioning, and tracking of incoming samples into the lab via a LIMS system
- Perform manual DNA or RNA extractions from whole blood, various tissues, buccal and saliva samples
- DNA/RNA quantification and quality control with fluorometry and spectrophotometry
- Perform a variety of genotyping and epigenotyping assays including GWAS, EWAS, whole genome bisulfite sequencing, immunoprecipitation, Illumina sequencing, methylation array, digital PCR, TaqMan, and gel elctrophoresis
- Ensure protocols, reports, and appropriate documentation are written to required standards
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance activities, including ordering supplies and maintaining inventories, preparing reagents, and managing instruments
- Under supervision, contribute to the design and execution of experiments
- Perform any other assignments deemed necessary by the Assay Services Manager
- Contribute to the development of end-to-end assay workflows from sample in to result out
Requirements & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology or (epi)genetics with at least 3 years experience working in a services lab is required (or 4/5 years relevant experience)
- Experience within a contract research organisation or university core facility is desirable; GCLP and LIMS experience is advantageous
- Working knowledge of DNA/RNA amplification and detection required
- Knowledge and experience of Illumina sequencing protocols and data interpretation would be an advantage
- Strong teamwork ethic coupled with the capacity to successfully deliver to tight deadlines
- Rigorous attention to detail in both lab and office-based work
- A clear, strong and open communication style is essential.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 28th February 2017
Who Are We:
Cambridge Epigenetix (CEGX, www.cambridge-epigenetix.com) is a University of Cambridge spin-out company pioneering the development of novel and innovative technologies aimed at revolutionising the field of epigenetics research, unlocking the potential epigenetics has as an indicator and influencer of disease, health and wellbeing. Headquartered at the Babraham Research Campus - an epigenetics centre of excellence - we have established strong academic and industrial relationships with leading epigenetics, sequencing and technology experts globally. Cambridge Epigenetix is funded by GV, Sequoia Capital, New Science Ventures and Syncona.
If you are passionate about science and ready to drive the epigenetics revolution then please contact us.
Cambridge Epigenetix offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and equity participation. Cambridge Epigenetix is an equal opportunity employer and promotes diversity throughout its workforce. Applications and resumes are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or the presence of medical conditions or disabilities.